Maybe it’s a pregnancy thing but I have been on a “buy everything pumpkin kick” since items hit the shelves this year. I’m normally first in line at Starbucks when the Pumpkin Spice Latte comes out but this year, it’s been pumpkin everything for me.
With that said, I came up with these delicious little bites that turned out by chance to be an amazing piece of pumpkin heaven in your mouth! So now I tell you, as your friend, run…don’t walk to Trader Joe’s and stock up on their Pumpkin Butter & Pumpkin Cookie Butter before they take it off the shelves until next year! I may or may not confess to going back last year and buying 8 jars of each just to make sure I could make these year round.
What you need:
- 1 tube crescent rolls – you can use either the Original Crescent Rolls or the Seamless Crescent Roll Dough Sheet
- 1 small can pumpkin (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Pumpkin)
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- Non-stick baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spray the inside of a muffin tin pan generously with non-stick baking spray.
- Open your tube of crescent rolls and using a rolling pin roll over the seams to smooth out and have a clean sheet of dough. (you can skip this step if using the Seamless Crescent Roll Dough Sheet)
- Cut your dough into 9 even squares. Repeat the above step and do the same with the second half of dough in the container.
- Using a spatula, cover one side of each square with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter.
- Once each square has been covered with Pumpkin butter, scoop 1 tsp of pumpkin onto the middle of each square (don’t spread).
- After putting a 1 tsp scoop of pumpkin in the middle of each square, top each scoop of pumpkin with 1 tsp of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cookie Butter.
- You’re almost done!
- Now taking each corner of the square fold them over into the center one at a time to close the bite like an envelope.
- Place each little bite in the muffin tin.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over each bite.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 11 minutes!
- Enjoy!!! (and don’t be impatient and burn yourself like I did!!!)